Please read the following requirements
- Location. The business proposed in the application must operate or be willing to operate their activities in Colombia.
- SME Focus. For-profit business or For-profit social enterprise must be a small or medium size venture with a need for early stage capital. An established organization with a growth project looking to expand its activities is eligible to apply, although it is not a focus for this program.
- Individuals or Teams. Applicants can participate as an individual or as part of a team. Each team can include female and male members, but at least a female team leader. The team leader is the main contact and one other member should be designated as the secondary contact. Ideally, the team leader or the main contact should be conversant in English. The team leader will represent the team in the Venture Day event. The secondary contact may attend on an exceptional basis.
- Age. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older must have a strong interest in starting their own organization or expanding their SME venture.
- Residence. At least one member of the team or the individual applicant must be a legal resident or citizen of Colombia. Documentation will be required.
- Ventures Committed to Positive Impacts. Applicants will present actionable, sustainable and scalable business solutions to create positive environmental, health, social or economic impacts in Colombia and beyond. Applicants may provide business solutions in the areas such as agribusiness, sustainability, transportation, infrastructure improvements, clean water, sanitation, healthcare and disease prevention, education and skills development, refugee management, energy security, community well-being, fintech, technology, smart city, human capital management, job creation, among other priorities identified by the respective target cities.
- Application. You are encouraged to submit your application early and not wait until the last day in case there are any technical difficulties or any questions that you may want to get answered from us before submitting. The application should be submitted online under the team leader’s name and must include all the key team members.
- Contact Us: If you still have any questions, please contact us via email (by clicking at the Contact tab in the top right section of this website) or via social media accounts (also posted on the website).